Monday, April 28, 2008

 

I'm on my Horse and Ridin'


Well if you have not read our carepage lately you might not know that I have joined a team for Wish-A-Mile! It is a bike, yes bicycle, ride from Traverse City to Chelsea over 3 days. It totals 300 miles and the goal is to raise a much money as we can for children in Michigan that have been granted wishes from Make-A-Wish. I got involved for obvious reasons but I was approached by one of the interns a the cancer center. (Yes I can use the "C" word from time to time) It sounded like a lot of fun and I signed up that night. With in a few days I got an e-mail from a rider who was riding for the same reason as I was. His son finished his treatment in August of 2007 at the same center as Vinnie. I joined his team so I could learn the ropes, plus they only live a few miles away so we going riding together. I went and got a new bike and I am now putting about 100 miles a week in and hope to get it up higher soon, time and my butt are preventing me from doing more.


If you look to the left you will see a link to a Wish-A-Mile video and also a link to my page if you would like to donate to my ride.


Thanks a lot for looking and donating,

Keep Up The Fight,

Love,

Steve

Comments:
Well written article.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?